Click on an image for a larger image
ZEF Digital Economical low tension measuring instrument
The new CHECK-LINE models ZEF and ZED Tension Meters employ a strain-gauge system for accurately measuring the running line tensions on a wide variety of yarns, fibers and fine wires. Its trigger-operated roller shifting mechanism makes it easy to acquire the running material.
Single-button automatic zero permits operation in any orientation while maintaining highest accuracy.
- Simple handling
- Adjustable damping
- Easy to read LCD display
- Light weight
- Everything in operator’s view:
– the guide rollers
– the measured material
– the readings
- Housing made of high-strength plastic
- »Auto-Zero setting« using a push button for measurement in different measuring positions
- Slim filament guide with small guide rollers – ideal for limited access space
- Filament guide and roller shifting mechanism ensure easy acquisition of the running material
- Battery operated
- Ball-bearing mounted, V-grooved guide rollers
- Optionally available: Inspection Certificate 3.1 according DIN EN 10204 with calibration report
- Certificate of Compliance with the order 2.1 according DIN EN 10204 is included
|Model||Ranges||Measuring Head Width* mm||SCHMIDT Calibration Material**||Resolution|
|ZEF-100||0.5 – 100.0 cN||43||PA: 0.12 mm Ø||0.1 cN|
|ZEF-200||1.0 – 200.0 cN||43||PA: 0.12 mm Ø||1 cN|
|ZEF-50||0.50 – 50.0 cN||43||PA: 0.12 mm Ø||0.1 cN|
|Other units of measure are available, such as g.
* Width of filament guide
** Suitable for 95% of applications – PA = Polyamide Monofilament
Special calibration using customer supplied samples is recommended, if process material differs significantly from the SCHMIDT calibration material in diameter, rigidity or shape. For this purpose a material sample of about 5 m should be supplied.
Miniature rollers make these models ideal for delicate yarns/fibers and fine wires as well as those application where access space is limited.
For Spandex and similar materials, specify model ZEF-100-T.
|Calibration:||SCHMIDT factory procedure|
|Accuracy:||±1% full scale ± 1 digit or better|
|Overrange (approx.):||10% full scale, without accuracy guarantee|
|Overload protection:||100% of tension range|
|Measuring principle:||Strain gauge bridge|
|Measuring roller deflection:||0.5 mm max.|
|A/D converter:||14 bit|
|Display:||3½-digit LCD, 10 mm high|
|Display update rate:||0.5 seconds|
|Autozero:||±20% full scale|
|Auto Power off:||After 2 minutes of non-use|
|Air humidity:||85% RH, max.|
|Power supply:||2 size AAA batteries 1.5 V
(about 30 hours of continuous use)
|Housing material:||Plastic (POM)|
|Housing dimensions:||157 x 85 x 32 mm (L x W x H)|
|Weight, net (gross):||approx. 200 g (600 g)|